Search the Site
US Markets - XLY Review - December 18, 2017
US Markets Update
Volume 1, Issue 4
December 18, 2017
Download PDF Version here
Items of Interest:
- The absolute trend in the XLY is very good, and we have found a number of stocks within this sector that have excellent trends in place.
- The 5-year chart of the XLY illustrates this trend as well as its relative performance to the S&P 500 which is on the verge of breaking above a 1-year downtrend.
- Below are charts of 64 stocks that rank very well in our multi-factor model, some of which are percolating up the ranking as they emerge from bottoming patterns. The stocks ranked range from small to large cap.
- Some stocks that jump out which are emerging from bullish consolidation patterns are SCI and POOL, as well as SKX and IHG.
- For some solid trending ideas, look at HD and BYD or THO and MHK.
- Emerging ideas based on absolute and or relative trends, NKE and MOV, WING and KORS, GCI, W and CONN. Also DRI and MLCO.
- Some standout charts to look at are HOME, OLLI, SERV, and SRI.
- The universe of stocks screened and ranked is relative to the XLY and each chart shown is relative to the XLY.
XLY PLCE HD SGC BYD SCI POOL FIVE BBY LCII THO MHK AMZN BURL SKX IHG ROST CNTY CLCT YUM LKQ OSTK SODA RICK BFAM CHH CPS DENN PETS MOD VAC BBX WYN NXST EDU COLM DRI NKE MOV CRI NFLX ERI WING HOME KORS W GCI CWH CONN LEN PLNT OLLI HGV SERV SRI LVNTA VFC BLD CYNA GTN TSLA IBP SBGI MLCO ADNT