Search the Site
ALERT! - SPX Short - February 8, 2018
publication date: Feb 8, 2018
Volume 2, Issue 6
February 8, 2018
Download PDF Version here
Items of Interest:
- The S&P 500 has formed a daily bearish Money Flow Unit (MFU) off the high with a –10% decline which is rare.
- Typically, price will distribute creating a daily MFU which will them morph into a weekly MFU and set the stage for a sizable pullback.
- We need to point this out because the risk is there for another 9% decline from here bringing the S&P to a MFU-2 level of 2346 which is the lower end of the regression trend channel we have been using to show the upper and lower regions of the long-term trend.
- In our January 23rd Technical Tuesday report, we highlighted the fact that the S&P “is close to the upper end of its regression channel which is an area to watch for a potential exhaustive high.” We didn’t expect a sharp move down like this, but this is what we have to accept and work with.
- If price can stabilize in the 2450 zone, then the odds are that we will not visit that downside level.